- Book stocking section has the collection of text
and reference books prescribed in the syllabus and
also relevant text books.
- In the Periodical Section, 88 National
Journals, 82 International Journals and 28 Technical
Magazines are subscribed and kept in printed form.
- Reference Section has Reference
books, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Directories, Exam
Guides, Standards, Manuals, Handbooks, Proceedings,
High priced books and collection of University question
- Back issue of journal are bounded every year and
kept in back volume section for reference purpose.
Back volumes can also be borrowed by the users.
- Web OPAC is an acronym of "Web Online Public
Access Catalogue". It facilitates online search
queries related to availability of library resources
viz. Books, Book Bank books, Journals, CD/DVDs, Back
volumes and project reports.
- An A.V.Hall (Audio & Video Section) has been
established for organizing NPTEL Video programmes,
Spoken Tutorial Workshops, Seminars, Conference and
Viva voce examinations.
- Reprography and printing facilities are available
to the users.
Book Bank Section
This section caters to the needs of students who avail
the post-metric scholarship offered by the Government
of India. The eligible students can avail six books
at a time. The books are issued for a period of one
semester and to be returned at the end of the semester.
- To maintain the standard and reputation of the College
through excellence in library services.
- To meet the requirements of academic needs of UG
/ PG students and research Scholars of the Institution.
- To provide appropriate and comfortable ambience for
the Library Users.
- Utilize library and information technology innovatively
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient infrastructure
to provide and deliver information services.
- Support and enhance teaching and learning processes
by delivering and promoting the effective use of information
- Provide an information rich environment that supports
and encourages excellence for research scholars.
- To provide access to an electronic catalog.
- To provide a well-organized collection of books,
periodicals and electronic media, this meets the instructional
needs of students and faculty in order to support the
- To maintain a current and useful library collection
reflecting the needs of all courses.
Rules and Regulations
- All the Staff and Students are members of our Library
- Silence is to be strictly observed in the library
- Users must scan their ID card in system kept at the
entrance while entry / exit to record their entry into
- Personal books and belongings except for return are
not permitted to brought inside the Library
- The books are to be left on the reading table and
not to be replaced in the shelves after reading or
- Books will be lent to the students only for a period
of 14 days (Including Holidays)
- All books must be returned on or before the due date
stamped on the due date label
- Books returned after the due date will be charged
an overdue charge of Rs. 1/- per day
- Books may be returned on all working days. Absence
from the institution shall not be an excuse for any
delay in returning the books
- The returned books shall not be reissued to the same
person on the same day of return
- Library books are to be used with utmost care and
to be returned without any damage
- Damaged books shall not be accepted and it has to
- Users must replace the book if lost with latest edition
along with overdue charges
- Triple the cost of the book will be collected if
it is not returned
- The (final year) students should return the books
to the library for obtaining No dues Certificate
- The Library is under surveillance with the aid of
- Usage of mobile phones is not permitted inside the
- Laptop computers are allowed inside the library for
- Underlining, scribbling and / or tearing of pages
or any other type of mutilation of books and Journals
etc.., mishandling or misuse of computers will be punishable
- Serious action will be taken, if any book / Journal
are brought out of the Library without proper entry
- The competent authority will take necessary action
against the users who violate the Library rules and