National Engineering College
NEC, the most prominent landmark of Kovilpatti, has been the crowning glory of this Matchless City of Matches. Its celebrated ‘Son of the Soil’ Thiru.K.Ramasamy transformed the entire social and cultural scenario in and around this small town by establishing the excellent educational institution popularly referred as “NEC”. By wielding the magical wand of social commitment and munificence this foresighted philanthropist transformed a strip of barren land into a magnificent academic complex that has been consistently producing infallible engineers of high competence right from the day of its inception in 1984. This much-acclaimed temple of erudition was established under the self-financing scheme sanctioned by the Government of Tamilnadu G.O. No. 939 dated 20.07.1984 by the National Educational and Charitable Trust, Kovilpatti, Thoothukudi district
MANAGING TRUSTEE’S MESSAGE —
- We at National Engineering College trust that nowadays young learners need to teach themselves in analytical orientation to understand and analyse complex real-world tribulations. Our education system is anchored around this philosophy which is guided by our vision and mission.
- We aim to equip the students with all necessary skills by which they can serve their communities and contribute to the growth and progress of the country. Moreover, we are maintaining a close relationship with corporate to assist our students with work experience, which in-turn is creating a bridge between academics and professional world. Our college has many students’ bodies and clubs which provide them with a platform to realise their potential and polish their talent by actively engaging in various activities.
PRINCIPAL’S MESSAGE —
- It’s the people over here who have made NEC a fantastic autonomous institute. Knowledge is only as powerful as the application of it and as useful as the care that goes into the application. Let’s put wisdom in education by combining knowledge with application, compassion & insight.
- Some of you will be engineers who will solve the most critical problems, scientists who will invent, business leaders who will generate wealth and employment for the society and teachers who will create tomorrow’s engineers, scientists and business leaders.
- But we aspire that all of you will be most caring, wise & determined human beings. I dare you to dream, to work smart and strive for nothing less than excellence.
– Dr.K.Kalidasa Murugavel