The departments and research centers in NEC, manned by over thirty five recognized supervisors / PhD holders and sixty eight research scholars, cover wide-ranging areas of specialization in Engineering, Technology and Sciences. NEC is actively involved in various funded projects, and has received over Rs. 4.8 Crores from various governmental agencies like AICTE, BRNS, DST, CSIR, DRDO, IGCAR, ICMR, etc.,
The Office of Research & Development serves as the coordinating office for externally funded research and sponsored projects by providing Information regarding funding agency, forms, and thrust areas. Also R &D Office will review, with field specific Project Review Committee (PRC) and provide necessary guidance to improve the proposal in line with the requirements of funding agency.
List of Funding Agencies in India
|S.No||List of Funding Agencies in India|
|1||Aeronautics Research and Development Board (ARDB)|
|2||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|3||Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB)|
|4||Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS)|
|5||Building Material & Technology Promotion Council (BMTPC)|
|6||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)|
|7||Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)|
|8||Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)|
|9||Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoepathy (AYUSH)|
|10||Department of Biotechnology (DBT)|
Phases involved in Sponsored Research Projects
- Conduct Periodical discussions with scientists, experts and Enterpredours.
- Collect information about proposals under preparations in terms of thrust area, teams, focus groups and tentative period.
- Participate in idea generation and proposal development session.
- Guide to formulate the proposals in appropriate standards.
- Measure the quality of the proposals their review presentation by Expert Committee at College level.
- Review the status of applied / ongoing projects in alternate months.
- Announce the “CALL for Proposals” periodically through R&D Portal.
- Report on outcomes of the projects in terms of PhD produced.,
- Establish “Centre for Excellence” at each department through grants.
- Assist PI/Co-PI with Equipment purchase and UC Submissions.