The IT department was started in the year 2001 and as of today, it offers an undergraduate programme B.Tech., Information Technology and a PG programme M.Tech., Information and Cyber Warfare. The department is augmented with qualified faculty with rich teaching experience. The department is well equipped with advanced laboratories and a research centre has been setup to promote research in the department. Faculty have been doing research in the areas like IoT, Data Analytics, Image Processing, Optical communication, Network security, Mobile Ad-hoc Networks etc.
The department is fully accommodated with modern Hardware and Software accessibility to cater to the academic needs of students and staff. Our students have undertaken internships in many reputed MNCs and consistently maintaining the placement record of above 90% every year.
To produce technically competent and value based IT Professionals to meet the current challenges of the modern IT industry.
- Imparting quality education with innovative components in teaching learning process.
- Conducting student centric programme to enhance communication, team spirit, leadership skills and self learning.
- Motivating the students to realize the need of ethics and human values.
- Developing a conducive environment for collaborative research.
- Conferred with autonomous status by UGC.
- Accredited by National Boad of Accrediation (NBA).
- Anna University recognized Research Centre.
- Students participated in Smart India Hackthon contest.
- Project Based Learning.
- ICT Enabled Classrooms
- Career counseling by Alumni and Industry Experts.
ACTIVE TECHNICAL FORUMS
- IT Association
- IEEE Association
- CSI Students’ Chapter
- IE(I) Students’ Chapter
Establishment Year : 2001
Student Strength : 60
Establishment Year : 2009
Student Strength : 18
Establishment Year : 2016
Full time : 4
Part time : 32
Awarded : 26
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|S. No||S.No||Faculty Name||Desgination||Vidwan Link|
|1||1||Dr.K.G.Srinivasagan||Professor & Head||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/338936|
|4||5||Dr.S.Chidambaram||Assistant Professor (SG)||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/240738|
|5||6||Dr.S.Rajagopal||Assistant Professor (SG)||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/286250|
|6||7||Mr.V.Manimaran||Assistant Professor (SG)||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in//profile/211506|
|S.No||Publications (Nos)||Patents Published||Patents Granted||Funded Projects (Rs)||Consultancy (Rs)||MoUs|
- Department has enough class rooms for conducting lectures and tutorials for II-, III- and IV-year B.Tech-IT students.
- Department has a seminar hall to conduct workshops, seminars, and guest lectures.
- Class rooms are provided with good ventilation and uninterrupted power supply.
- Counseling room is provided for solving grievance and to motivate the students.
- All the UG class rooms are of size 75 sq.mt, PG class rooms are of size 56 sq.mt and Elective halls are of size 56 sq.mt are provided to accommodate the students.
- Department has good sound proof class rooms.
- Multimedia Projectors and Overhead projector are available for conducting presentation sessions