Equal Opportunity Cell
India is a hub of different religions, castes, and culture and is a country of diversity. Unity in diversity is our principle. Discrimination against any person on his/her disability or physical limitations and minority status is a violation of the principles of equality and human rights. In order to address the issues which are related to the students & staff belonging to Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribe, Other Backward Caste, minorities, persons with disabilities (PWDs) & women, the Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC) has been established in the campus.
- To ensure the equity and equal opportunity of the community at large in the college and bring about the social inclusion.
- To enhance the diversity among the students, teaching and non-teaching staff and eliminate the discrimination or harassment.
- To disseminate the information related to schemes and programmes for the welfare of the socially weaker section as well as notifications/memoranda, office orders of the Government, or other related agencies issued from time to time.
- To help the individual or a group of students belonging to the disadvantaged section of society for solving the problems related to discrimination.
- To prepare the barrier free formalities/procedures for admission/registration of students belonging to the disadvantaged group of society.
- To establish the coordination with Government and other agencies/organizations to mobilize academic and financial resources to provide the assistance of the disadvantaged student’s group.
- The committee shall meet atleast once in a semester to review the activities of the cell and solve the problems if any.
List of Committee Members
S.No Name of the Member Designation Position 1 Dr.K.Kalidasa Murugavel Principal Chairman 2 Dr. V. Ramasubbu Asst. Professor /S&H Convener 3 Mr. J. Thangaraj Asst. Professor / EEE Member 4 Ms. G. Dhivya Asst. Professor /AI&DS Member 6 Ms. S. Sulochana Asst. Professor/ECE Member