About the Department
The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science was established in the year 2022. The goal of the department is to ensure the academic excellence in students with wide exposure of research and career opportunities.The unique undergraduate program, B.Tech. Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (AI & DS), aims the students to acquire technical skills to perform data analytics, develop robotics automation systems and visualization in emerging real-time applications. Program envisions to equip students with the ability to identify and assess societal, health, safety and cultural issues with an emphasize on identifying their consequent responsibilities as engineers of offering optimal and effective solutions. The department is well equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure to empower the students with the state of art technologies.
- To Produce globally competent, innovative, Computing professionals to meet current challenges in the field of Artificial intelligence and Data Science with social responsibilities.
- Offering well-balanced curriculum with state of the art technologies to impart professional competencies and transferable skills.
- Bringing innovations in Teaching-Learning process through experienced learning and project/product based learning.
- Collaborating National and International Industries and Academia to develop foresight technologies in Artificial intelligence and Data Science.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Within few years(3 to 5 years) of graduation, our graduates are expected to
- Be successful in their professional career as data scientist, data modeller, data architect, Infrastructure engineer, business intelligence developer, enterprise architect and software developer with technical and managerial skills in the field of artificial intelligence and data science
- Pursue higher studies at the institute of repute in India and abroad and work in educational institutions, research organisations and reputed software industries and be successful entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate in multi disciplinary teams and be the leaders in their organisations, their professional and in society.
- Experienced Faculty members in the field of data analytics and AI and published their research works in more than 20 SCI and Scopus journals.
- Well-equipped laboratories to develop innovative projects and research works.
- Quality Academic Research and Publications in reputed Journals.
- Reviewers in various reputed International Journals and Books.
- Qualified Faculty members with Good Retention.
- Students are encouraged to design smart machines or to develop software applications that can self-learn and imitate the traits of the human mind with the help of reasoning, sensory applications, planning, optimal decision making and problem-solving techniques.
Establishment Year: 2022
Student Strength: 60
Ph.D – Pursuing : 2
Ph.D – Awarded : 4
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|S.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Vidwan ID||Vidwan Link|
|1||Dr.V.Kalaivani M.E.,Ph.D.,||Professor & HOD||211484||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211484|
|2||Ms.K.Poorani M.E.,||Assistant Professor||338109||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/338109|
|3||Ms.P.Rampriya M.E||Assistant Professor||381595||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/381595|
|4||Ms.R.Binusha M.E.,||Assistant Professor||391408||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/391408/MzkxNDA4|
|5||Ms.G.Dhivya M.E.,||Assistant Professor||391403||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/391403/MzkxNDAz|
|wdt_ID||Publications (Nos)||Patents Filed||Patents Granted||Funded Seminars/Projects (Rs)||Consultancy (Rs)||MoUs|
Professor and HOD
Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science,
National Engineering College, Kovilpatti – 628503,
Contact No : 04632 222502
Mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org