- Central Library which acts as a knowledge hub for the academic activities of our institution with a mission to provide knowledge gateway to the user community with the state of the art technologies.
- The Central Library provides excellent library facilities for all the students and faculty members, such as sufficient books, proper seating and reading facility, proper classification and arrangement of books, an attractive fully air-conditioned modern Library building with high-speed wi-fi connectivity and Web OPAC etc.
- Open Access System is followed. In addition to the well-stocked departmental Library, each department has its Library to facilitate easy access to the Faculty, Students and Research Scholars.
- The Central Library is kept open throughout the year except for Government Holidays (Weekdays 08.30 a.m. to 07.30 p.m. and Sundays 09.30 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.)
- Book stocking section has the collection of text and reference books as prescribed in the syllabus and also relevant books.
- In the Periodical Section, peer reviewed National Journals and Technical Magazines are available and kept in printed form.
- Reference Section has Reference books, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Directories, Exam Guides, Standards, Manuals, Handbooks, Proceedings and collection of University & Autonomous question paper booklets.
- The Circulation Section is fully computerized bar-coded circulation service (Issue, Return and Renewal of library documents)
- Back issue of journal are bounded every year and kept in Back Volume Section for reference purpose. Back volumes can also be borrowed by the users.
- Web Online Public Access Catalogue (Web OPAC) facilitates online search queries related to availability of library resources viz. Books, Journals, CD/DVDs, Back volumes and project reports.
- An A.V.Hall (Audio & Video Section) has been established for organizing NPTEL online programme, Spoken Tutorial Workshops, Seminars, Conference & Viva Voce exams.
- Reprography and printing facilities are available to the users.
- Book Bank Section caters to the needs of students who avail the post-metric scholarship offered by the Government of India. The eligible students can avail six books at a time. The books are issued for a period of one semester and to be returned at the end of the semester.
- Sufficient numbers of systems are available in the e-Library section with an Internet access facility to access the e-resources. Users can access it for educational, research and development purposes. Non-book materials such as CDs, DVDs, textbook tutorial CDs and periodical’s CDs are also kept in the Library.
MISSIONTo provide excellent information resources, deliver quality services and facilities to meet the research, teaching and learning needs of the NEC teaching learning community.
|S.No||Staff / Student||Books / CD||Days|
|1||U G Students||6 Books + 1 CD||15 days|
|2||P G Students||6 Books + 2 CD||15 days|
|3||Research Scholars||6 Books + 2 CD||15 days|
|4||H.O.Ds||10 Books + 2 CD||15 days|
|5||Teaching Staff||6 Books + 2 CD||15 days|
|6||Non Teaching Staff||2 Book||15 days|
For SC/ST students 6 books will be issued separately from the book bank.
- Weekdays: 08.30 A.M to 07.30 P.M
- Sundays: 09.30 A.M to 01.00 P.M
The Library is kept open throughout the year except Government Holidays.
- To maintain the standard and reputation of the College through excellence in library services.
- To meet the requirements of academic needs of UG / PG students and research Scholars of the Institution.
- To provide appropriate and comfortable ambience for the Library Users.
- Utilize library and information technology innovatively and appropriately.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient infrastructure to deliver information services.
- Support and enhance teaching and learning processes by delivering and promoting the effective use of information resources.
- Provide an information rich environment that supports and encourages excellence for research scholars.
- To provide access to an electronic catalog.
- To provide a well-organized collection of books, periodicals and electronic media, to meet the instructional needs of students and faculty in order to support the programmes.
- To maintain a current and useful library collection reflecting the needs of all courses.
LIBRARY NORMS AND RULES
- All the Staff and Students are members of our Library.
- Users must scan their ID card in the system kept at the entrance while entry / exit to record their entry into the library.
- All books must be returned on or before the due date.
- If any Library Book is lost, the concern members must replace the book with latest edition along with overdue charges.
- If the book is not returned by the member, then triple cost of book will be collected from the concern member.
- Members are required to deposit their bags / belongings at the property counter.
- Members are required to produce their smart and Bar-Coded Membership ID Cards to the Security and Staff when asked for.
- Personal books and belongings except for return are not permitted inside the Library.
- Silence is to be strictly observed in the library.
- The books are to be left on the reading table and not to be replaced in the shelves after reading or reference.
- Books will be lent to the students only for a period of 15 days (Including Holidays).
- The (final year) students should return the books to the library for obtaining No dues Certificate.
- Books returned after the due date will be charged an overdue charge of Rs. 1/- per day.
- Books may be returned on all working days. Absence from the institution shall not be an excuse for any delay in returning the books.
- Library books are to be used with utmost care and to be returned without any damage.
- Damaged books shall not be accepted and it has to be replaced.
- The Library is under surveillance with the aid of video cameras.
- Laptop computers are allowed inside the library for reference work.
- Underlining, scribbling and or tearing of pages or any other type of mutilation of books and Journals etc.., mishandling or misuse of computers will be punishable.
- If any Book / Journal are brought out of the Library without proper entry, serious action will be taken.
- The competent authority will take necessary action against the users who violate the Library rules and regulations.