- Central Library which acts as the knowledge hub for the academic activities of our institution with a mission to provide knowledge gateway to the user community with the state of the art technologies.
- A fully air-conditioned modern Library building is housed in an area of around 3911 sq. m.
- An e – Library is equipped with the 177 mbps Leased Line connectivity for the users.
- All the library services have been automated on modern line and also Open Access System is being followed.
- Library is enabled with wi-fi technology and security systems with Closed Circuit Television System (CCTV).
- Library has Institutional Membership in DELNET (Since 2004), New Delhi.
- In addition to the well stocked Library, each branch of NEC have their own departmental Library to facilitate easy access to the Faculty, Students and Research Scholar’s.
e-Learning Management System (e-LMS)
‘e-learning encompasses research, learning and teaching in the digital environment’, where students have access to courses offered online with instruction and course materials, instructors notes, course topics, and discussion forums.
In Central Library, e-Learning Management System (e-LMS) has been introduced through http://172.16.10.104/LocalGuru/
e- Learning Management System (e-LMS) that customizes the content for NPTEL Videos and College contents such us e-journals, e-books and question bank etc. with e–LMS, we can access NPTEL Videos through a web interface from Library without connecting to internet. e-LMS contains a http video streaming facility. NPTEL Videos are indexed in this LMS and can be searched with various keywords.
e-LMS facilitates On-line journal link (IEEE and Science Direct), e-Books, e-Question bank facilities.
In addition to that, Local Guru offers the facility for GATE preparation (Entrance exam for IITs and eligibility test for all Public Sector companies) in India.
User Analytics, monitor usage and performance, add questions and conduct exams through LAN, video & text content upload option and also add/delete content through admin module.
- Weekdays: 08.30 A.M to 07.30 P.M
- Saturdays: 09.00 A.M to 06.00 P.M
- Sundays: 09.30 A.M to 01.00 P.M
The Library is kept open throughout the year except Government Holidays.
Dr.K. Karunai Raghavan
Phone: 04632 – 222 502
93859 76674, 93859 76684
|1||Dr. S. Tamil Selvi, M.E., Ph.D.,||Library Officer|
|2||Dr. K. Karunai Raghavan, M.Com., M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil.(LIS)., PGDCA., Ph.D.||Librarian|
|3||Ms. S. Saraswathi, M.Com, M.L.I.Sc.,||Assistant Librarian|
|4||Mr. T. Rajan, B.A., M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil.,||Assistant Librarian|
|5||Mr. S. Nellaiappan, B.A., B.L.I.Sc.,||Library Assistant|
|6||Mr. S. Senthil Murugan, B.B.A.,||Library Assistant|
|7||Ms. A. Royal Emima, B.A., M.L.I.Sc.,||Library Assistant|
|8||Ms. A. Shenbagamari, B.A., B.L.I.Sc.,||Library Assistant|