The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science was established in the year 2022. The unique undergraduate program, B.Tech. Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (AI & DS), aims the students to acquire technical skills to perform data analytics, develop automation systems and visualization in emerging real-time applications. The program envisions to equip students with the ability to identify and assess societal, health, safety, and cultural issues with an emphasize on identifying their consequent responsibilities as engineers of offering optimal and effective solutions. The department is well equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure to empower the students with the state of art technologies.
To Produce globally competent, innovative, Computing professionals to meet current challenges in the field of Artificial intelligence and Data Science with social responsibilities.
- Offering well-balanced curriculum with state-of-the-art technologies to impart professional competencies and transferable skills.
- Bringing innovations in Teaching-Learning process through experienced learning and project/product-based learning.
- Collaborating with National and International Industries and Academia to develop foresight technologies in Artificial intelligence and Data Science.
- Experienced Faculty members in the field of data analytics and AI and published their research works in more than 20 SCI and Scopus journals.
- Well-equipped laboratories to develop innovative projects and research works.
- Students are encouraged to design smart machines or to develop software applications that can self-learn and imitate the traits of the human mind with the help of reasoning, sensory applications, planning, optimal decision making and problem-solving techniques.
Consultancy work is carried out from M/s Embris Global Solutions, Chennai for Robotic Automation for Solid Propellant Mixer Cleaning Project, during 2022.
Establishment Year: 2022
Student Strength: 60
Ph.D. – Part Time – 3
Ph.D. – Awarded -3
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|Name of Faculty
|Dr.V. Kalaivani M.E., Ph.D.,
|Professor & HOD
|Funded Seminars/Projects (Rs)
The department has following laboratories which are equipped with latest computer systems
GPU Workstations Laboratory
GPU workstations lab is equipped with high end systems with GPU processors for Artificial Intelligence Lab and data analytics Lab
Data Analytics Laboratory
This lab is equipped with High end Core i7 systems with high end Graphics cards. The lab is used to study, process, and analyze the data using Python, Numpy, Scipy, Matplotlib, Pandas, stat models, seaborn, plotly, bokeh. The students perform various experiments in mathematical functions, random number generators, linear algebra routines, Fourier transforms operations, optimization, integration, interpolation, eigenvalue problems, algebraic equations, differential equations, statistics, data processing, data prediction, decision making, animated and interactive visualizations. Students can work with large data sets and visualize interactive statistical models and random distributions.
Artificial Intelligence Lab
This lab has developed with the aim of learning about the latest technologies of the field like Deep Learning, Machine Learning, and Robotics, it has given students a platform to not only learn about them but also to work with them to build automation systems.
Thrust areas of Research
- Data Science
- Medical Image analysis
- Data Security
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Vision
- Flying Adhoc Network
Professor and HOD
Department of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science,
National Engineering College,
Kovilpatti – 628503,
Mobile No: +91-9842637770, +91-7010669872
Off: +91-4632 – 222502