Our CSE department was established in the year 1984 and offers a conducive learning and research environment with the aim of transforming the life style of rural students with quality education and higher-level career settlement. We have dedicated and quality faculty members with well-maintained state-of-art academic and research laboratories. To enlighten their knowledge our curriculum is periodically upgraded with emerging trends to bridge the industrial gaps. Well established In-house incubation centres to inculcate the industrial practices at their accessibility well-in advance. Students excel themselves in International and National level competitions, hackathons and groom their soft skills with the care and affection of our mentors. We are thankful for our stakeholders (Alumni, Parents, Academic & Industrial experts) who are guiding and shaping us towards excellence.
- To produce globally competent, innovative and socially responsible computing professionals
- To provide world-class teaching-learning and research facilities.
- To stimulate students’ logical thinking, creativity, and communication skills effectively.
- To cultivate awareness about emerging trends through self-initiative.
- To instill a sense of societal and ethical responsibilities.
- To collaborate with industries and government organizations.
Accreditations & Recognitions
- B.E. CSE is accredited by NBA, New Delhi, since 2006.
- NVIDIA DLI ambassadorship
- Zonal Partner under leadingindia.ai (up to Mar 2021)
- Highly motivated and well experienced faculty members.
- 12 faculty members who hold a Doctorate.
- Student teacher ratio has been consistently maintained around 1 to 15.
- Department has well-equipped and spacious laboratories.
- 24/7 Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Established research center for Image Processing.
- Classroom with ICT tools like Smartboard, wall mounted projectors, smart TV, interactive display board, A-View systems, Document Cameras, and Wacom tablets for enhancing the teaching learning process.
- Department has separate Library with over 1000 books.
- OBE based academic planning before the start of semester by conducting course committee meetings.
- Meticulous student mentoring system.
- Faculty mentoring through focus group heads.
- Quality assurance through moderation process and academic audit.
- Consistent placement (above 95%) and good internship records.
UG – B.E. Computer Science and Engineering
Establishment Year – 1984
Student Strength = 134+128+127 = 389
PG – M.E. Computer Science and Engineering
Establishment Year – 2002
Student Strength – 6+11 = 17
PhD Research Centre
Establishment Year – 2006
Full time – 1
Parttime – 12
Awarded – 31 (since 2010)
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|S.No||Name of Faculty||Designation||Vidwan ID||Profile URL in Vidwan portal|
|1||Dr.V.Gomathi||Prof. & Head||211465||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211465|
|5||Dr.J.Naskath||Assistant Professor (SG)||211475||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211475|
|6||Ms.R.Rajakumari||Assistant Professor (SG)||211480||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211480|
|7||Mr.D.Vijayakumar||Assistant Professor (SG)||211415||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211415|
|8||Dr.G.Sivakama Sundari||Assistant Professor (SG)||211481||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211481|
|9||Ms.B.Shanmugapriya||Assistant Professor (SG)||211499||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211499|
|10||Mr.S.Dheenathayalan||Assistant Professor (SG)||211514||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211514|
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|wdt_ID||Academic Year||SCI Publications (Nos)||Patents Published||Patents Granted||Funded Projects (Rs)||Consultancy (Rs)||MoUs|
|1||2017- 2018||4||9||-||3.1Lakhs||3.6 Lakhs||Currently 3 active MoUs with Adroit Soft (India) Pvt., Ltd, Information Data Systems, Inc., and Viable Technologies|
|2||2018 - 2019||9||5.2 Lakhs||-|
|3||2019 - 2020||6||2.7 Lakhs||-|
|4||2020 - 2021||11||9.85 Lakhs|
|5||2021 - 2022||18||0.1 Lakhs||0.45 Lakhs|
|6||2022 - 2023||5||-||5 Lakhs|
Facilities (Special Labs, Research Facility, etc. – Selected photos)
PROGRAM SPECIFIC LABORATORY
INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY TOOLS
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)After 3-5 years of graduation, our graduates will:
Accomplish their professional career and/or pursue higher education by applying knowledge of computer science and engineering
Participate in life-long learning through the successful completion of advanced degrees, continuing education, certifications and/or other professional developments.
Perseverance of successful startups through the entrepreneurial initiatives and design thinking capabilities.
Program Educational Objectives(PEO) of ME - CSEPEO 1: Graduates will be pioneer in teaching and research professions and engaging in life-long learning.
PEO 2: Graduates will exhibit their professional expertise and engage in emerging activities for sustainable developments
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)PSO1 : To promote an innovation ecosystem for implementing products and services.
PSO2 : To develop entrepreneurial skills for supporting modern and challenging community needs.
Program Specific Objectives (PSO) of ME-CSE• To incubate industrial research culture by promoting self paced learning
• To solve societal issues by adopting advance technologies with innovative products
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
1) Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2) Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3) Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4) Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5) Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6) The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7) Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8) Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9) Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10) Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11) Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12) Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.