Counselling Code 4962
National Engineering College / departments / Computer Science and Engineering
The Department came into being in 1984 since the inception of the college. The Department has 547 pentium and above computers accommodated in 9 computer centres with recent software and internet facility to feed the art of computer science to our budding engineers. Our computer centre is kept open even after the college hours to help the students to raise their programming skills using current and latest software tools. Students are permitted to utilize the computer centre during all the morning, evening session and also on saturdays for increasing their programming skill using conventional and latest software tools. Students can surf into internet from 7.00 AM to 8.00 PM.
After 3-5 years of graduation, our graduates will:
Accomplish their professional career and/or pursue higher education by applying knowledge of computer science and engineering
Participate in life-long learning through the successful completion of advanced degrees, continuing education, certifications and/or other professional developments.
1) Apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, engineering fundamentals and system fundamentals, software development, networking & communication, and information assurance & security to the solution of complex engineering problems in computer science and engineering.
2) Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex computer science and engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences, system fundamentals, software development, networking & communication, and information assurance & security.
3) Design solutions for complex computer science and engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4) Conduct investigations of complex problems in networking & communication, and information assurance & security using research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
5) Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex computer science and engineering problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
6) Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice in system development and solutions to complex engineering problems related to system fundamentals, software development, networking & communication, and information assurance & security.
7) Understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of professional engineering work in the solution of complex engineering problems related to system fundamentals, software development, networking & communication, and information assurance & security in societal and environmental contexts.
8) Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of computer science and engineering practice.
9) Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
10) Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11) Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
12) Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering management principles and economic decision making and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
© National Engineering College 2022 | All rights reserved.