From HOD’s Desk
- The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been continuously striving to provide excellent Engineering Education in the field of electronics and communication since 1984.
- It offers one undergraduate programme B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) and one post graduate programme M.E. in Embedded System Technologies.
- National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi has provisionally accredited the Under Graduate Programme of the ECE department under Tier – 1 category .
- Anna University Chennai has recognized ECE department as a research centre.
- To produce Electronics and Communication Engineers capable of generating a knowledge economy with social responsibility.
- To impart high quality education with ethical behaviour.
- To equip the students compatible with recent trends in Electronic industries.
- To develop leadership qualities with humanity, wisdom, creativity and team spirit
- To provide a passionate environment for continual learning.
- The department has highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated faculty members who are envisaging research in a wide spectrum of areas, including Signal & image processing, Communication &Networking, VLSI, Embedded Systems and RF & microwave technologies to make the student’s career path brighter.
- The department have the following lab facilities a VLSI lab, Digital Signal Processing lab, Linear Integrated Circuits lab, Electronics lab, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers lab, Network lab, Project lab, Product development lab and Embedded systems lab, Centre for antenna and PCB design Fabrication Laboratory is recently established and equipped with advanced hardware as PCB and antenna design and fabrication well as software. Apart from these, a well-equipped Semiconductor Chip Testing lab, Product Development Centre are available in the department to cater the state-of-the-art technology to the students. The department regularly organizes workshops, seminars, symposia and faculty development programs to offer an excellent teaching-learning process that creates good impacts on students career settlement and faculty research.
- Also, the department is equipped with Research and Development laboratory back up by industries that offer good knowledge and training to the student community for better upliftment.
- B.E (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- M.E (Embedded System Technologies)
Establishment Year – 1984 ,
sanctioned intake 120 from 2006
Establishment Year – 2011
Sanctioned intake 18 from 2012 , 12 from 2022.
Anna University Approved research centre since – 2006
Full-time – 3
Partime – 19
Awarded–26 (since 2013)
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||S.No||Designation||Vidwan id||Vidwan link|
|1||Dr.S.Tamilselvi||38||Professor & Head||180261||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/180261|
|6||Dr. K.J.Prasanna Venkatesan||43||Asso.Professor||249730||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/249730|
|8||Mr.T. Devakumar||45||Asst.Prof (Sr.Gr)||211457||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/211457|
|9||Dr. A.Saravana Selvan||46||Asst.Prof (Sr.Gr)||286249||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/286249|
|10||Mr.S. Cammillus||47||Asst.Prof (Sr.Gr)||287158||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/287158|
|wdt_ID||Publications (NOs)||Patents Published||Patents Granted||Funded Projects (Rs in Lakhs)||Consultancy (Rs in Lakhs)||MoUs|
Facilities (Special Labs, Research Facility, etc – Selected photos)
Embedded System Laboratory
Tessolve Semiconductor Chip Testing Laboratory
Product Development Laboratory
Centre for Antenna / PCB Design & Fabrication Laboratory
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme educational objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
Graduates will have successful technical career in core and related fields.
Graduates will pursue higher education and work in Research and Development for solving real world problems.
Graduates will have leadership qualities with social consciousness and ethics.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
At the time of graduation graduates of our ECE programme are expected to have
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems.
2. An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems using knowledge of Basic Mathematics and Engineering Sciences.
3. An ability to provide solution and to design Electronics and Communication Systems that meets out the social needs.
4. An ability to investigate the problems in an Electronics and Communication Systems and rectifying it.
5. An ability to use latest hardware and software tools to solve complex engineering problems.
6. An ability to gain knowledge on contemporary issues which influence engineering design.
7. Awareness on society and environment to have sustainable solution for Electronics and Communication Engineering problems.
8. An ability to demonstrate understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
9. An ability to work efficiently as an individual and in multidisciplinary teams.
10. An ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both in verbal and written form.
11. An ability to develop confidence for self education and understanding the value for life-long learning.
12. Able to implement Electronic System projects for real world applications.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
2. Design and Development of algorithms for signal/image processing.