National Engineering College / departments / Electronics and Communication Engineering
From the year 1984, the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been continuously striving to provide excellent engineering education in the field of electronics and communication. It offers one under graduate programme B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) and one post graduate programme M.E. in Embedded System Technologies.
National Board of Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi has provisionally accredited B.E. – ECE as Tier-1 UG programme from Jun 2017 to June 2020. Department of ECE is recognized as research centre which is approved by Anna University, Chennai. The department has highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated faculty members who are envisaging research in the wide spectrum of areas including Signal & image processing, Communication & networking, VLSI, Embedded Systems and RF & microwave technologies to make the student’s career path brighter.
The department has VLSI lab, Digital Signal Processing lab, Advanced Communication lab, Linear Integrated Circuits lab, Electron Devices lab, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers lab and Embedded systems lab equipped with advanced hardware as well as software for academic and research activities.
Apart from these, well equipped Semiconductor Chip Testing lab, Product Development Centre, Internet of Things lab and E-yantra Robotics lab are available in the department to cater the state of the art technology to the students. The department regularly organizes workshops, seminars, symposia and faculty development programs to offer excellent teaching learning process that creates good impacts on research.
Programme educational objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
Graduates will have successful technical career in core and related fields.
Graduates will pursue higher education and work in Research and Development for solving real world problems.
Graduates will have leadership qualities with social consciousness and ethics.
At the time of graduation graduates of our ECE programme are expected to have
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to solve complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems.
2. An ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems using knowledge of Basic Mathematics and Engineering Sciences.
3. An ability to provide solution and to design Electronics and Communication Systems that meets out the social needs.
4. An ability to investigate the problems in an Electronics and Communication Systems and rectifying it.
5. An ability to use latest hardware and software tools to solve complex engineering problems.
6. An ability to gain knowledge on contemporary issues which influence engineering design.
7. Awareness on society and environment to have sustainable solution for Electronics and Communication Engineering problems.
8. An ability to demonstrate understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
9. An ability to work efficiently as an individual and in multidisciplinary teams.
10. An ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both in verbal and written form.
11. An ability to develop confidence for self education and understanding the value for life-long learning.
12. Able to implement Electronic System projects for real world applications.
© National Engineering College 2020 | All rights reserved.