The Civil Engineering Department started in the year 2012, offers B.E-Civil Engineering. The department has its own well-equipped state of art infrastructure. The department follows technology enabled teaching learning process like Learning Management System (LMS) and Classes are well equipped with Smart Monitors. The department is also a member of Institute of Engineers (India) – Student’s Chapter and Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) as professional bodies. The Civil Engineering Association (CEA) serves as a platform for students to make technical presentations, gain knowledge about recent advancements. The department has signed MoU’s with Federation of All Civil Engineers Association and CADD Technologies, Coimbatore for Student Mentor programme, to train Civil Engineering students. It also offers consultancy services in Structural, Environmental, Survey and Geotechnical fields.
- Producing outstanding civil engineering professionals with human values to face future challenges
- To provide with excellent teaching and research ambience.
- To prepare student for leadership roles in civil engineering.
- To facilitate student with lifetime skills and human values.
- To collaborate with industries to meet the ever challenging environment.
- State of art Infrastructure with fully equipped laboratory facilities
- Highly experienced faculty with PhD qualification
- 100% Placement record with the highest salary package of 6L/Annum
- Industry relevant Outcome based & Choice Based Credit system
- Students pusuing their higher studies at premier institutions like IIT’s, NIT’s, NICMAR in our country and also pursuing higher studies in top institutions in UK, Germany and Canada
- Fully furnished class rooms with smart learning tools
- Smart class room & Seminar Hall with fully equipped multimedia system facilities and has seating capacity of 100 & 200 students respectively.
- Hands-on practical experience through Mini-Project Forum
- Domain Specific periodical skill training programme based on Self Interested group
- Product Development activity for developing innovative products
Establishment Year – 2012
Student Strength – 191
Faculty (List with Vidwan link)
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Vidwan Link|
|1||Dr. C. Puthiya Sekar||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/339179|
|2||Dr. V. Kannan||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/339091|
|3||Dr. C. Chella Gifta||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/286389|
|4||Mrs. M. Balamaheswari||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/249685|
|5||Mr. V. Arulpandian||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/286342|
|6||Mr. B. Gowtham||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/193134|
|8||Mr.A. Darral Alfred||https://vidwan.inflibnet.ac.in/profile/339104|
Research Activities: (From 2016 – Till Date)
|wdt_ID||Publications (No.s)||Patents Published||Book Chapter||Patents Granted||Funded Projects (Rs.)||Consultancy (Rs.)||MoUs|
Facilities (Special Labs )
Strength of Materials Laboratory
Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Civil Seminar Hall
Smart Class Room
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Programme educational objectives are broad statements that describe the career and professional accomplishments that the program is preparing graduates to achieve.
Will have a successful career in civil engineering.
Pursue advanced degrees in support of their chosen profession.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
At the time of graduation graduates of our Civil Engineering programme are expected to have
1.An ability to apply fundamental knowledge of mathematics, science and civil engineering in real-world problems.
2.An ability to identify, formulate and provide solution for engineering problems.
3.An ability to design and evaluate the desired needs.
4.An ability to conduct test and interpret the results.
5.An ability to use the skills, modern tools and techniques.
6.An ability to analyze the local and global impact of civil engineering.
7.Awareness of environment, innovations and sustainable development.
8.An ability to display their professional responsibilities meeting ethical standards.
9.An ability to have an idea of contemporary issues and an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
10.An ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral.
11.Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in professional development and life-long learning.
12.An ability to lead a project team for the successful completion.