NEC- MISTRAL TECHNOBATION CENTER
M/s Mistral Solutions is a technology design and system engineering company providing end-to-end embedded product design and development services for global customers for 25 years. M/s Mistral solutions, Bangalore has established technobation center at our campus in 2021. Our students are trained through internships and get offers in Mistral Solutions.
- Mistral conducts a selection process for internship of students at NEC either in the 5th or 6th semester.
- In Phase 1, training to a minimum of 50 students is provided in the 5th or 6th semester as per the requirement of industries.
- In Phase 2, a selection process is conducted and training/Internship(non-paid) for the recruited students in the 7th semester on their emerging areas of the industries is provided.
- In Phase 3, Mistral provides mandatory Internships in the 8th semester with a stipend of a minimum of Rs.10,000 per month for the recruited students.
- It may give live projects to the students during training and Internships.
Mistral provides support and training to the students and faculty members in converting their ideas into products for social development. The technobation centre can be set up for the students to increase their imagination to accelerate critical thinking and to provide industrial exposure for enhancing the domain knowledge and skills for developing innovative products. Through the Technobation Center, students gain hands-on experience in emerging technologies, innovation and entrepreneurship while being nurtured and encouraged by faculty, management and industrial experts.
Activities in 2022-23
Mistral selected 16 students for recruitment through technobation center in 2021-2022. For the year 2022-23, Mistral conducted a selection process during January’2023 for Internship. Hence, 53 students from III year have been selected from ECE, EEE, CSE & IT departments. Now, students are undergoing training during the 6th semester.
Mistral Solutions, Bangalore, successfully conducted the Mistral Hackfest-22; a hybrid event organised in collaboration with National Engineering College (NEC), Kovilpatti, from March to May 2022. The six-week-long event focused on providing an ambitious platform for students, getting them to solve challenging real-world problems faced by the industry and society. The event encompassed trending technologies in the field of the Internet of things, Wearable Electronics and Autonomous.
Over 424 teams consisting of 800 students from 50-plus engineering colleges across South India participated in the event. More than 400 concepts were submitted. Mistral conducted online reviews and shortlisted 70 teams from which 30 teams made it to the Grand Finale that was held at NEC on Saturday, 7th May 2022. Each team showcased their design and presented the concept to a jury led by. Dr S. Christopher, Professor – IITM Electrical Department and former Chairman of DRDO and Mr Rajeev Ramachandra, CTO and Co-Founder, Mistral Solutions.