Guidelines for the award of Institutional fellowship notification [2017-2018]
It is notified for information of all concerned that the institutional fellowship at the rate of Rs.10,000/- per month is instituted to the full-time Ph.D. scholars of National Engineering College (Autonomous) as stated below.
Eligibility criteria for selection of students for award of institutional fellowship:
- First Class in qualifying UG, PG degree
- Age must be between 21-30 years
- 3 years of age relaxation if any one of the following is satisfied:
- Industrial Experience
- Qualified in NET/SET or GATE [OR] Rank holder in UG/PG
- Published WoS/SCI research articles during/after PG
- A full-time PhD scholar connected with project as JRF / SRF are not eligible to apply.
Terms and Conditions for Institutional Fellowship
- The selection of the full-time PhD scholars for Institutional Fellowship is based on the eligibility criteria, recommendation letter from the supervisor, and research attitude of the candidate ranked by the assessment committee.
- The fellowship is tenable only after Full-time Ph.D registration and also for a maximum period of 3 years.
- The research scholar will be reviewed on every semester by the committee constituted by the Principal.
- The extension of fellowship for subsequent semesters is subject to satisfactory progress of the research work carried out.
- Semester wise progress report of the fellow has to be submitted.
- There is no NEC-PhD fee to be paid by the scholar during the tenure of fellowship.
- The NEC-PhD regulations have to be abided by the scholar.
Expected Research Outcomes from the beneficiary Submitting project proposals once per semester along with supervisor and can join as JRF / SRF.
- Atleast two WoS Journal Publications per year, during the Fellowship tenure.
- Atleast one participation in GIAN/Workshops/Conferences in India at IITs, IISc, NITs per year along with supervisor.